Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thing 20: Tagging and Social Bookmarking

Right now I have a long list of Favorites on my computer which are completely unorganized, so using a social bookmarking manager like Delicious would be a way to organize and sort my bookmarks and gain some control over my unwieldy list of web pages. Not having my bookmarks tied to just one computer and being able to access the bookmarks from any computer would also be a big help.

I've looked at the vccslibraries bookmark collection on Delicious before. I read some of the comments on various bookmarks, but I don't usually spend much time looking at comments--I just don't find them to be that useful.

I can definitely see the potential of Delicious for research assistance. Has the vccslibraries on Delicious replaced the old VCCS Web Guides to different subjects? I've wanted to add some information on APA style to our website, and I found a number of bookmarks which Tara has placed on Delicious which I think will be very useful. My library doesn't have a social bookmark collection at this time, but I'd like to discuss creating one with my LRC Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment