Monday, September 20, 2010

Thing Nineteen:Multimedia




YouTube is like everything else on the Internet--there is a tremendous amount of useful information on it, but there is also a tremendous amount of fluff. Before doing this exercise for 23 Things, I had never really looked at YouTube as a valuable educational resource. A library co-worker who also is an adjunct instructor at my college pointed out that YouTube contains a wealth of tutorials on all different subjects. Because I hadn't really looked at YouTube closely before, I just viewed it as a site where people shared their videos, many of them silly or outrageous.

The video that I added to my blog is a tour of the Montana State University Library. The video tells people about the library's resources and services and takes you on a tour of the library that takes a little more than 5 minutes. Placing a video of your library on YouTube is a good way to introduce people to your library and its resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment